Crime report: Fake ID, purse stolen during sorority rush event

by Sarah Anderson, Staff Writer

Trespassing

A man was arrested on an outstanding warrant around 7:20 a.m. on Sept. 14, after he was reported to university police for trespassing at Alvarado Medical Center. The man’s warrant was for parole violation, according to SDSUPD Cpl. Mark Peterson.

A man was arrested for sleeping on the first floor of the Physical Sciences building before 11 p.m. on Sept. 14. The man was taken to county jail and released.

At about 3 a.m. on Sept. 15, two men were arrested for sleeping on the ground at Student Services East. The two were taken to county jail and released.

Fraud/Forgery

Police were told around 1 a.m. on Sept. 15 that an SDSU student attempted to check in to the University Towers residence hall with a fake ID displaying an incorrect age. The student was cited and released.

Disturbing the peace

At about 3 p.m. on Sept. 14, a man was reported to university police for making sexual comments towards women passing by. The man was cited and released for being in possession of an open container of alcohol.

Less than two hours later, the same man was reported to police for yelling at people at the farmer’s market in the North Library Walkway and carrying beer. He was arrested and taken to the county jail for public intoxication.

Theft

A bicycle was reported stolen from the area of the Zura residence hall at 2:35 p.m. on Sept. 15. The bicycle was believed to have been taken sometime since the previous evening.

At 11:24 p.m. on Sept. 15, a student told university police her purse had been stolen from the vicinity of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority on Montezuma Road. The student said she had been required to leave her purse in a bush outside the sorority while going through recruitment, and returned to find it missing.

A man was reported to university police for attempting to steal a bicycle near South Campus Plaza at about 11:30 p.m. on Sept. 16. When officers made contact with man, he falsely identified himself to officers, according to Cpl. Peterson. The officers also found drugs on the man, Peterson said. The man was arrested for these offenses.

An SDSU student was cited and released for theft of a $19 Apple cable from the Aztec Shops Bookstore on Sept. 17 at about 4:50 p.m.