Crime report: Robbery, driving under the influence

by Sarah Anderson, Staff Writer

Robbery

Two juveniles were arrested on Sept. 26 at about 8 p.m. for robbery, conspiracy, and possession of stolen property. One man attempted to steal a passerby’s phone, while the other punched the victim in the face. They headed down to the trolley platform but were stopped, arrested and taken to a juvenile detention center.

Disturbing the Peace

A man was arrested for criminal threats in the Malcolm A. Love Library on Sept. 22 at 5:12 p.m. When the police arrived, they were told that the man had hit another man, and continued to threaten him with violence, according to SDSUPD Cpl. Mark Peterson. The man was arrested and taken to county jail.

Driving Under the Influence

A man was arrested for driving under the influence on Sept. 21 at 10:50 p.m. He was driving on Hardy Avenue when he was stopped by university police. The man was taken to county jail.

Petty Theft

An SDSU student was arrested on Sept. 21 at about noon for theft of a textbook from the SDSU Bookstore. After the arrest, he was cited and released.

On Sept. 25 at 9:18 a.m. a student was arrested for theft of $61 worth of clothing from the SDSU Bookstore. She was cited and released.

The same day at 11:25 a.m., another SDSU student was arrested for theft of headphones, valued at $15, from the bookstore. The man was cited and released.

Roughly an hour later, at about 12:30 p.m., a third SDSU student was arrested for stealing an $18 tank-top from the bookstore. The man was also cited and released.

At 4:25 p.m. Sept. 25, an SDSU student was arrested for theft of a $125 skateboard from the bookstore. The student was cited and released.

Pedestrian Stop/Contact

On Sept. 27 at 9:32 p.m., at 7-ELEVEN, a man was arrested for an outstanding warrant. The man, who was not an SDSU student, was taken to county jail.