Crime report: Drunk man in Zura, attempted shoplifting

File+photo

Public Intoxication

At 12:05 a.m. on Jan. 19, a “heavily intoxicated” student tried to attack people near the Cuicacalli residence hall. The student was taken to Alvarado Hospital.

A man was ticketed for possessing an open container of alcohol just before 10 a.m. on Jan. 19 after he opened a glass beer bottle at Trader Joe’s and began screaming that he was “going to kill someone.”

A non-SDSU student was arrested and taken to jail for public intoxication and drug violations around 1:30 a.m. on Jan. 23 after he entered the lobby of Zura residence hall and claimed to live there.

An SDSU student was arrested for public intoxication at 12:15 a.m. on Jan. 25 near Chapultepec residence hall.

Disturbing the Peace

At about 10:15 a.m. on Jan. 20, a non-SDSU student was ordered to stay off campus for harassing passers-by near the Starbucks in the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.

Traffic Stop

A non-SDSU student was arrested on Campanile Drive and taken to county jail at about 5 p.m. on Jan. 18 after a traffic stop turned up an active misdemeanor warrant.

Petty Theft

An SDSU student was cited for theft of a Hydroflask from the SDSU Bookstore at about 2:20 p.m. on Jan. 17.

A non-SDSU student was arrested for theft of four clothing items, a shoulder bag, two socks and a laptop holder from the bookstore at 8:55 p.m. on Jan. 17.

At 11:30 a.m. on Jan. 18, a non-SDSU student was cited for theft of four textbooks from the bookstore.

An SDSU student was cited for theft of a laptop case from the bookstore just before 1 p.m. on Jan. 18.

At 12:20 p.m. on Jan. 19, an SDSU student was cited for theft of seven jewelry items from the bookstore.

Around 12:20 p.m. on Jan. 22, an iPhone 8 with a wallet case was reported stolen from a restroom in the Extended Studies Center.

At about 1:15 p.m. on Jan. 23, an SDSU student was cited and released for theft of a textbook from the SDSU bookstore.

A non-SDSU student minor was arrested for shoplifting a Hydroflask from the SDSU Bookstore after 3 p.m. on Jan. 23. The minor was cited for petty theft and being in possession of marijuana before being released to a guardian.

Amal Younis
Amal Younis, Multimedia Editor
Amal Younis is an SDSU journalism senior and the multimedia editor for The Daily Aztec. She is Egyptian, born and raised, and moved to the United States as an international student to attend SDSU. She started her journalism journey in Fall 2017 and has since written for news, taken photos, produced and created videos. Her passion for broadcast journalism will hopefully translate to any country she moves to after graduation. Follow her twitter @amalhyounis