Federal agents arrest man after drugs are found in ARC locker

File+photo

by Will Fritz, News Editor

A man is in jail after drugs and a weapon were found Tuesday in a locker at the Aztec Recreation Center.

A search by Drug Enforcement Administration agents turned up cocaine, prescription drugs and a gun, agency spokesperson Amy Roderick said.

Agents later arrested 25-year-old Christopher Hudson elsewhere in San Diego, Roderick said.

Hudson is being held at San Diego Central Jail in lieu of $20,000 bail on a felony charge of possessing a controlled substance for sale. He’s also facing a misdemeanor charge of possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance.

It’s unclear if Hudson is a student at San Diego State.

He is set to be arraigned Thursday afternoon.

One Response to “Federal agents arrest man after drugs are found in ARC locker”

1. Gary Hjelm on February 21st, 2018 5:08 pm

It wasn’t very smart use the Student Center, as a site for drugs, and especially for a gun, when the Florida High School was just terrorized. This guy could be doing some serious time in prison, if the DA in San Diego decides to make the crime of a gun on campus without authorization, one with the object being terrorism. San Diego State had its problems, when I was a student in the late 1970s, and rapes led the type of crime being committed against women who had classes at night. San Diego State doesn’t need crimes being committed on campus, and especially in the Student Union; and, a student should never have to worry about being shot, because of the protection of drugs. My opinion of the crime committed is low, but then again he has a day in a courtroom to proclaim his innocence.