Sexual battery, robbery, drugs: the year in crime

File+photo

by Camille Dejoras, Staff Writer

Sexual battery

On Aug. 28, a non-student was taken to county jail after he allegedly sexually assaulted four SDSU students and inappropriately touched two others on two separate occasions that night. He was arrested on suspicion of sexual battery, touching a person intimately and annoying a minor.

Robbery

On Sept. 18, two students were robbed at gunpoint off-campus near Dorothy Drive and Campanile Drive. One of the two male suspects had a gun and both men demanded the students’ property. The suspects escaped and neither victim was injured.

During the weekend of Halloween, a woman was robbed at gunpoint in a neighborhood south of campus. The men took her backpack and phone and fled the scene. The victim sustained injuries while attempting to chase the suspects.

On Friday Mar. 16, an unknown man approached an individual in an alley east of the College Avenue and Montezuma Road intersection with the apparent intent of selling basketball tickets. The suspect stole the victim’s money and fled toward the student union. A picture of the suspect circulated the area until Tuesday Mar. 20 when the man turned himself in to the police.

Exposure

On Nov 18., a non-SDSU student was found masturbating in a Trader Joe’s bathroom. He was arrested and cited for indecent exposure and violating a previous order to stay off campus. 

On Jan. 22, a non-SDSU student was cited and ordered to stay off campus for seven days after he was reportedly seen naked in the Extended Studies Center.

Drug possession

On Feb. 20, a man was arrested after Drug Enforcement Administration found cocaine, prescription drugs and a handgun in a locker at the Aztec Recreation Center. The suspect was later arrested off campus and transferred to San Diego Central Jail.