Family spring break time need not be boring

MCT Campus
MCT Campus

For students whose families will be in San Diego this spring break, there are many local activities students and families can enjoy together that are fun for all ages. With warmer weather approaching and family time on the horizon, students should begin mapping their spring break itineraries and take advantage of this opportunity to show their family the city that has become a home away from home.

From the elderly to the young, the San Diego Zoo and Zoo Safari Park is sure to offer a great time for all. Located in Escondido, the Zoo Safari Park features enclosures of endangered African and Asian animals. The park provides open-air, biodiesel-fueled vehicle tours that will place your family up close and personal with these rare animals throughout the 2.5 mile tour.

“With two different animal shows daily, special events throughout the year and water elements for hot-weather play, the Safari Park is a destination offering a variety of experiences for the whole family to enjoy,” according to sandiegozoo.org.

For families looking to be more interactive with San Diego marine life, San Diego Bike & Kayak Tours, Inc. offers snorkeling lessons for those willing to take the plunge. With no experience necessary, these tours allow proficient swimmers of all ages to admire the abundant undersea life in beautiful La Jolla Cove. Snorkeling gear is included in the price of each 2.5 hour tour, and discounts can be given for reservations made in advance. More information can be found on the website sandiegobikeandkayaktours.com.

Families preferring to remain above water this spring break can choose from a variety of boat excursions and tours offered in San Diego. San Diego Harbor Tours offer a 26-mile tour of San Diego Bay, during which families can unwind and sightsee together aboard the comfortable yachts. From the observation deck, passengers can enjoy Naval Base Point Loma, Coronado Bridge and the Hotel Del Coronado. Whale watching, dinner cruises and sailing tours are also options for families that want to hit the deck for spring break excursions. Sandiegotours.com offers more information for students who think their families would be on board for this spring break adventure.

Finally, families can enjoy the beautiful weather and topography of San Diego by renting bicycles and touring the city on wheels. The La Jolla Bike Tour offered through San Diego Bike & Kayak Tours, Inc. will take families along the sparkling coasts of La Jolla and Pacific Beach. The three-hour tour offers fun, fitness and great sightseeing opportunities for students and visiting families. To find out more information or purchase tickets, students can contact San Diego Bike & Kayak Tours, Inc. at (858) 454-1010.