Sexual assault reported in SDSU apartment complex

David Pradel

On Sunday, university police received a report of a sexual assault in the campus apartment complex Villa Alvarado, a university spokesperson said.

The investigation is ongoing. University police said they are currently unable to comment on whether charges have been filed.

The victim told police they knew the suspect, according to university spokesperson Raquel Herriott.

A number of the apartment complex’s residents expressed discomfort in the fact they were not notified of this incident.

Herriott said there are a number of reasons this incident did not warrant a campus safety notification.

” … as the crime occurred days prior to the report and the suspect was known to the victim/survivor and identified by police, there was no serious or ongoing threat to the campus community,” Herriott said.

Bella Ross, Editor in Chief
Bella Ross is an SDSU senior double majoring in journalism and political science. She started working at The Daily Aztec in the news section in Fall 2017 and started to make videos for the newspaper in the Spring. She also works as an intern for Voice of San Diego and does some freelance work. In the past, she's worked at KPBS, inewsource and The San Diego Union-Tribune. She is hoping to report on national politics for a large newspaper one day. Follow her on Twitter @BellaMayaRoss.