A grand opening at The Granada complex

Peter Kluch, Senior Staff Photographer
Peter Kluch, Senior Staff Photographer

Last year, space was cleared on Hardy Avenue to begin construction on the newest project developed by Hyperion Realty. Describing itself on its website as “one of the largest multifamily housing developers in the nation,” PCC specializes in opening high-end, on-campus apartments for college students. Its new creation, The Granada, will allow the company to tap into San Diego State’s housing market.

The Granada on Hardy adds appeal by presenting itself as a luxurious living option within walking distance of SDSU. The monthly rent ranges from $550-$1,250 per person. Most options are at the higher end of that spectrum, although this hasn’t deterred students from becoming residents at The Granada. A property manager of the building said there are only a few vacancies remaining and that the residence houses up to 216 people in single and double bedrooms.

“Our residents are excited to have an apartment where accessibility to campus means just a walk across the street and more than an apartment but a home with quality details incomparable to any alike,” Swenson said.

Peter Kluch, Senior Staff Photographer
Peter Kluch, Senior Staff Photographer

Unlike its local competitors, The Granada has the advantage of being backed by a nationwide housing company. PCC manages more than 30 locations across the country. All are located within close proximity to a university.

One resident, Jennifer Alestri, a

criminal justice senior, describes her appreciation of all the amenities the apartment complex has to offer.

“The Granada apartments are fabulous. I’m so much closer to campus than I was at my last apartment. The

outdoor sitting area, the barbecues

and the community living room are all things I’ve never had at an apartment complex before.” Alestri said.

A grand opening at The Granada complex