Wanderlust festival entices yogis to Sin City

This weekend, yoga and music lovers will flock to Las Vegas for flawless flows and cool vibes. Courtesy of wanderlustfestival.com

Peace and tranquility are not usually associated with Las Vegas’ image. More commonly the city is identified as a party destination where inhibitions are abandoned among bright lights and a vibrant nightlife. However, that reputation is about to change.

Wanderlust, the largest multi-day yoga event in the world, is making its first trip to Sin City this weekend. The festival, which fuses together health, wellness and music, has quickly expanded across the nation since its debut in 2009.

In partnership with Velour Music Group, C3 Presents and Starr Hill Presents, Wanderlust has been working hard during the past two years to grow and plan unique events that differentiate each tour stop from the next. No two festivals are identical, helping to promote the company’s goal of creating “experiences in amazing settings that are simultaneously fun and inspiring,” according to Wanderlust cofounder Jeff Krasno.

“Las Vegas provides a lot of opportunity for fun and excitement,” he said.

Fun and excitement, in addition to relaxation, are exactly what guests will experience.

Located in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, The Cosmopolitan, with its own casino and spa, will host this two-day extravaganza. Lisa Marchese, chief marketing officer for the Cosmopolitan, is positive this event will help support the hotel’s commitment to its guests by providing art, music and great events.

“Partnering with Wanderlust is an extension of this commitment and we are excited to bring our guests yet another mash-up this time through the music … and the art of yoga,” Marchese said.

Because of the venue’s limited size, only 300 guests can be accommodated. However, that fact has not affected the spirit of the festival, considering Wanderlust’s full list of activities. As the primary focus of the event, guests are scheduled to take part in three premium yoga sessions taught by master instructors John Friend, a renowned health expert and founder of Anusara Yoga, and Schuyler Grant, second cofounder of Wanderlust and director of New York City’s Kula Yoga Project.

Las Vegas and yoga seem to be an odd pairing, but Friend is confident his yoga teachings can be practiced at any time and in any place.

“There is an element of yoga that focuses on retreating, on solitude and on deep peace. However, in Tantric philosophy yoga can be defined as a state of deep connection to one’s heart in the midst of any activity,” Friend said.

In addition to the Tantric yoga sessions, there will be a concert featuring DJ music group Thievery Corporation, a pre-concert party where guests who are 21 and older receive complimentary cocktails and a Beauty Bar to sample new beauty products and receive mini-makeovers. It will also include free refreshments provided by sponsors Luna Bar and SmartWater and a complimentary VIP bag filled with goodies, including a Gaiam yoga mat.

Persons must have a ticket in order to attend this novel event. To partake in these fabulous perks, including yoga and the concert, attendees must purchase tickets for $148.

The Cosmopolitan is also offering ticket packages that include room amenities for those attending Wanderlust. Those looking to live the high life during this musical yoga retreat can reserve two-night stays in their lavish rooms starting at $676 per person.

To purchase tickets or to find out additional event information, check out cosmopolitan.wanderlustfestival.com.