Beatbox: 9-12-11

Men’s golf in the news

Coming off a historic season, the San Diego State men’s golf team has earned some preseason honors this fall.

SDSU was ranked 14th in the nation by the Golf World/Nike Golf Division I College Preseason Coaches’ Poll.

The Aztecs were the only team from the Mountain West Conference to be ranked in the poll.

The team received even more recognition in a separate poll. Golfweek ranked the SDSU sixth in its preseason poll.

Individual honors were given to team members as well. Sophomore Todd Baek, along with seniors J.J. Spaun and Alex Kang were named to Golf Worlds’ 50 Men’s College Players to Watch.

The team is tied with Alabama for having the most players on the list with three each

This is following a season in which SDSU finished ranked 16th in the nation.

The Aztecs will begin their fall schedule this month, when they travel to Washington Sept. 26 to take part in the Husky Invitational. The team will take on William H. Tucker later that week in Albuquerque, N.M.

Women’s tennis schedule set

SDSU women’s tennis will hold three tournaments this fall, and will welcome the rest of the Mountain West to school as they are hosting the Conference Championships.

The season starts with the SDSU Fall Classic I from Sept. 30 to Oct. 2 at Aztec Tennis Center.

The team will finish the fall portion of its schedule when it hosts the SDSU Fall Classic II from Nov. 11-13.

Beatbox: 9-12-11