COLLEGE FASHIONISTA: Schoolgirl Undone

Courtesy of Sarah Weinberg

By Sarah Weinberg, Blogger

You check your watch. You peek at the time on your computer. You look over your shoulder to see the clock on the wall. To your horror, they all read the same. You’ve only been sitting in the library for one hour with 27 million more to go. It’s finals week. Lovely. The last thing you want is to be wearing a tight shirt and constricting jeans as you sell your soul to the myriad of books splayed across the table in front of you.

Enter this Fashionista. Everything from her black-rimmed glasses to her button-down shirt and vest to her boxy messenger bag screams schoolgirl. And while the age-old adage to dress for the job you want may certainly apply here (look studious and you’ll subconsciously study harder, right?), this Fashionista put a uniquely disheveled, and most importantly comfortable, spin on the schoolgirl look. She is helping to make the library more chic, one student at a time.

When recreating this look, keep the matching, tucking in, and smoothing down to a minimum. The undone feeling is all part of the overall appeal. And, since the components of this outfit are more or less mismatched, you probably already have pieces you can use in your closet –perfect as you’ve most likely reached your spending limit for this holiday season. Grab any wintery pair of shorts (something in black, brown, or gray is ideal) and add tights if you fear that your little toes might fall off in the cold weather. Next, search your closet for a roomy button-down in winter white.

You’ll want to top that blouse with an oversized vest, buttons left open for both comfort and the unfinished vibe. To really complete the look, accessories are key. A messenger bag, a pair of glasses, a bow for your hair, the possibilities are really endless. Now that you’ve got the schoolgirl look down pat, let’s hope studying for finals comes together that easily!

This post is brought to you by: Collegefashionista.com

COLLEGE FASHIONISTA: Schoolgirl Undone