Man exposes himself in the Library

Antonio Zaragoza, Photo Editor
Antonio Zaragoza, Photo Editor

At 1 a.m. yesterday, a female student reported to the SDSU Police Department that a Caucasian male exposed himself to her in the Love Library. The man was seen sitting at a desk touching himself when he asked the female student to join him. The victim ran and immediately called the police.

The suspect was described as 6 feet tall, in his 30s, wearing basketball shorts, a green zip-up jacket and light-colored tennis shoes. The incident took place in the reference section of the library’s dome and the suspect was seen fleeing the library afterward.

Since last Wednesday, there have been a number of reports of both petty theft and burglary. Three instances occurred Wednesday evening, all within a span of several hours. At around 8:45 p.m. a stolen bike was reported from the area near the Love Library. The dark gray Giant 12-speed bicycle was locked to a pole. At 10:11 p.m. another stolen bicycle was reported near the bridge leading to Parking Structure 1 outside of the Education and Business Administration building. The bike was described as a men’s mountain bike and the brand was unknown.

Half an hour later, a report was called in regarding a Caucasian male attempting to break into multiple vehicles with a hanger type of device. The suspect was described in his mid 20s, wearing a gray shirt and shorts carrying a backpack. He was last seen on the corner of Montezuma and East Campus Drive heading toward College Avenue.

Last Thursday, Oct. 13, a vehicle was broken into at 11:47 a.m. in PS 1. The items reported stolen included a GPS and gift card. Also, a skateboard valued at $200 was reported stolen from an employee locker around noon. In this case however, the suspect was detained and cited.

Another burglary was reported early Friday morning around 5:30 a.m. at Albert’s College Apartments on 55th Street. Various items including a firearm and Playstation 3 video games were taken. The reporting caller believes a former roommate may have used a key to enter.

Also on Thursday, an SDSU student struck two pedestrians while driving under the influence of alcohol near 63rd Street and Montezuma Road. The driver was charged and the two pedestrians were transported to Scripps Mercy Hospital.

Last Friday around 11:30 a.m. another bicycle was reported stolen from Storm Hall. The bike is reported as a men’s silver Trek with an estimated value of $500. Another burglary report from Friday came from the Piedra Del Sol Apartments on Hardy Avenue at 4 p.m stating two laptops had been stolen from an apartment.

Early Sunday morning at approximately 2 a.m., a disturbing the peace call was made from the Cuicacalli Suites Residence Hall where two Caucasian males were seen fighting on East Campus Drive. They were reported shirtless and wearing dark jeans, and they were last seen running westbound toward 7-Eleven with three females. All suspects in question were reportedly intoxicated.

If you have any information regarding these incidents, contact the SDSU Police Department at 619-594-1991 or email police@mail.sdsu.edu.

-Compiled by Kevin Smead, staff writer.

Man exposes himself in the Library