Tempo Story

Feb. 1: Pauly Shore, 31 Feb. 2: Christie Brinkley, 47 Feb. 3: Nathan Lane, 45 Feb. 4: Michael Goorjian, 30 Feb. 5: Jennifer Jason Leigh, 39 Feb. 6: Rick Astley, 35 Feb. 7: James Spader, 41

This week in entertainmenthistory…

In 1964, the Beatles arrived in the United States for the first time. In 1983, singer Karen Carpenter (otherwise known as one-half of the brother-sister duo the Carpenters) died of heart failure due to anorexia nervosa at age 33. In 1988, Heather O’Rourke, who played Carol Anne in the “Poltergeist” films, died at the age of 12 during emergency surgery for bowel obstruction in her hometown of San Diego, Calif.

Around town…

Tonight, Feb. 1: Local singer/ songwriter Steve Poltz will perform at the Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach. For ticket and schedule information, call the Belly Up at (858) 481-8140. Saturday, Feb. 3: Unwound, The Polar Goldie Kats and The Moon and Sixpence perform at The Epicentre in Mira Mesa. For more ticket and schedule information, call The Epicentre at (858) 271-4000 or TicketMaster at (619) 220-TIXS. Sunday, Feb. 4: They Might Be Giants performs at 4th and B. For ticket and schedule information, call TicketMaster at (619) 220-TIXS. Wednesday, Feb. 7: Blues legend B.B. King will perform at 4th and B. For ticket and schedule information, call TicketMaster at (619) 220-TIXS.

–Compiled by Irene Yadao

Tempo Story