Buenos Aires for less

Andrew Huse / Assistant Photo Editor

As you enter Pampas Argentine Bar & Grill, you’ll feel as though you’ve taken a journey to a country far away from Southern California and its endless burger joints. Textured yellow walls, traditional Argentinean hats, musical instruments and pictures of tango dancers all make for the ideal Argentinean experience.Acknowledged as the “Best Steak House in San Diego” by the San DiegoReader, Pampas Argentine Grill is known for serving some of the city’s finest steak. With traditional plates, such as empanadas, an Argentinean baked turnover with your choice of meat, and milanesa, meat breaded with a garlic herb accent, the restaurant differentiates itself from neighboring restaurants.For those 21 and up, Pampas Argentine Bar & Grill offers an extensive beer and wine list. Happy Hour begins at 5 p.m., Tuesday through Friday, for two hours with prices between $2.50 and $5 a glass. To accompany your drink, there is a list of mouth-watering desserts from which to choose. Flan, customary custard topped with an Argentine caramel cream, or alfajor-helado, dulce de leche with ice cream, are the perfect sweets to top off the traditional meal.Pampas Argentine Bar & Grill also offers live music Wednesday through Sunday evenings. Live performances of professional salsa dancers on the first Friday of every month add to the authentic Argentine experience, as well.Dinning at Pampas Argentine Bar and Grill can be the perfect escape to a genuine Argentinean ambiance. The splendid mahogany furniture, the rich textured walls and the authentic decorations, including instruments and pictures, add to the experience that come with the taste of Argentina portrayed by the traditional food plates.

Pampas8690 Aero DriveSan Diego, CA 92123

Buenos Aires for less