FILM & FASHION ISSUE: A new director for the ‘Focker’ series

By Amanda Macias, Staff Writer

Jack Byrnes (Robert De Niro) and Gaylord “Greg” Focker (Ben Stiller) are at it again in the third installment of the comedic “Meet the Parents” series with “Little Fockers.” It has been 10 years since the first time Jack’s daughter Pam (Teri Polo) introduced Greg, the socially awkward male nurse, to her family. Now, it is time for Greg and Pam to bring their families together once more to celebrate the birthdays of their twin daughter and son.

Greg has been attempting for years to get along with his high-strung and eerily militant father-in-law, Jack, but has been overwhelmingly unsuccessful so far. As the celebration and family reunion begin, Jack informs Greg that he needs to pass along the family torch, reiterating that he needs to be sure Greg can ultimately become the Godfocker.  As Greg is short on cash, he manages to obtain a second job with an up-and-coming drug company looking to advertise an intensive new product. As Greg takes the samples home to study, he quickly learns that he is about to be tested by Jack in one of the most jaw-dropping ways imaginable. Will Greg survive another one of his father-in-law’s secret and borderline sadistic missions?

The previous two blockbusters, “Meet the Parents” and “Meet the Fockers” were both directed by Jay Roach. However the new film will deviate from the formula. Along with the introduction of two more little Fockers, director Paul Weitz will be sitting in the director’s chair. In addition to the existing cast of Hollywood heavyweights, Jessica Alba and Rob Huebel will break onto the scene.

For more information about the film, visit littlefockers.net.

Movie: Little Fockers

Directed by: Paul Weitz

Release Date: Dec. 22

Starring: Ben Stiller, Robert De Niro, Blyth Danner