FILM & FASHION ISSUE: Diehard fans await Potter’s last stand

Warner Bros. Pictures release.

By Morgan Denno, Staff Writer

The first installment of the last of the “Harry Potter” movies is coming out Nov. 19 and the Potter-fever has already begun.

J.K. Rowling’s seventh and final Harry Potter book, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” contained so much action that Warner Brothers felt it couldn’t possibly fit its entire contents into one movie. “Deathly Hallows” will bring to life the first half of the seventh book, begging the question, how will the first installment end? The trailers, which have already generated millions of views online, can raise goose bumps with their incredible intensity. From the little information that has been released, the film is said to revolve around finding the Horcruxes that will potentially lead the young hero to Voldemort.

The “Harry Potter” films have become a billion dollar franchise and the movies have always performed well in the box office. Nearly every “Harry Potter” adaptation has performed even better in the box office than the previous ones and the last two movies are expected to bring in an even larger audience.

“Deathly Hallows” is written by Steven Kloves, who also wrote the previous screenplays for the “Harry Potter” films. David Yates, who directed “Order of the Phoenix” and “Half Blood Prince,” will be directing both installments of “Deathly Hallows.” The second installment of “Deathly Hallows” will be the final “Harry Potter” movie and is set for release on July 15 of next year.

Movie: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows

Directed by: David Yates

Release Date: Nov. 19

Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grin t, Ralph Fiennes, Helena Bonham Carter