The latest from the music world

— Jack White released more information about his solo album, “Blunderbuss,” this week. It will be available April 24 through Third Man/Columbia Records. Fans can hear “Love Interruption” and “Machine Gun Silhouette” from the album on YouTube now.

— Sigur Rós announced this week it will return to the live stage in light of the new album. The band has been on hiatus from live shows since 2008 and will play its only U.K. show in September at the Bestival Festival.

— Explosions In the Sky is also hitting the road and has announced its first round of U.S. tour dates. The band will conquer Coachella and Sasquatch music festivals during the tour. There are no San Diego dates because of the proximity to Coachella, but Explosions will play San Francisco and Flagstaff, Ariz.

— The Shins will release the album “Port of Morrow” on Columbia Records Mar. 20, and will be touring in support of the LP. The band is also making the rounds at Coachella and Sasquatch, Honolulu and the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, Colo.

— Hangout Music Festival in Gulf Shores, Ala. released its lineup last week. It includes the Dave Matthews Band, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jack White, Skrillex, Wilco, Dr. Dog, Cage The Elephant and Young The Giant. The festival will take place May 18 through 20. Tickets are $209 for all three days and are on sale now.

— For those politically informed music fans, President Barack Obama’s campaign released a Spotify playlist. Watch out Republicans, the playlist features 28 songs by artists such as Florence + the Machine, Arcade Fire, Al Green and Earth, Wind, & Fire.

— Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros is finally releasing a follow-up album to the 2009 debut “Up from Below.” While the group is currently recording its sophomore album, the record is set to release May 29 via Community Music / Vagrant Records. The band also announced a short West Coast tour next month, the closest stop is opening night on Mar. 14 in Santa Ana.

— Notable performances upcoming this week on the late-night talk show circuit include:
Kasabian will appear on “The Late Show with David Letterman” tonight as The Civil Wars go on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.” Lana Del Rey will appear on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” tonight as well.
The Cranberries will be on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” tomorrow night while Bear Hands stops by “Last Call with Carson Daly.”
The Drums will be on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” on Wednesday.
Cake is set to visit “Conan” on Thursday; Dr. Dog and Walk the Moon will stop by “Last Call with Carson Daly.”
Friday night will see Butch Walker and the Black Widows on “The Late Show with David Letterman.”

The latest from the music world