AS election results announced

A.S. executive board winners (shown from left to right): Rivera, Anderberg, O’Keefe, McNutt and Cecil. | Antonio Zaragoza, Photo Editor

The voting period for the San Diego State Associated Students General Elections closed Thursday and the winners have been announced.

Current A.S. Vice President of Finance Rob O’Keefe won the office of president against candidate Sarah Malone by a large margin.

Channelle McNutt defeated Joe “None of the Above” Stewart, receiving 96 percent of the vote for A.S. executive vice president.

By narrower margins, vice president of external affairs went to Tom Rivera, vice president of finance to Eric Anderberg and vice president of university affairs to Matt Cecil, who received only 289 more votes than opponent Josh Morse.

The college representative races were also very competitive.

Kevin Hancock, Javier Gomez and Shannon Clark were elected as the new Arts & Letters representatives.

Dara Majdi, Mor Frankle and Brandon Pereira won the College of Business Administration representative seats.

Jackie Felix ran unopposed for the College of Education seat.

Randy Beltran and Kyle Anderberg ran unopposed for the two College of Engineering seats.

Bridget Mulrooney, Erica Johnson and Paul Contreras were elected for the three Health & Human Services seats.

Sean Guardian, Brandon Williams and Marc Marconi, a write-in candidate, won the three Professional Studies and Fine Arts seats.

Paulina King, Alex Arena and Dajanae Palmer were elected for the three positions as College of Science representatives.

In the election, 3,377 votes were cast, which accounts for 12.1 percent of the student population.

AS election results announced