Pub gets anticipated makeover

A glimpse of the new and improved interior of Effin’s Pub & Grill. Photo Editor, Paige Nelson

With each school year comes new beginnings; Effin’s Pub & Grill is no exception. Although the pub has been under construction these past months, the target date for its completed remodel is conveniently the first day of school.

The Director of Operations, Luke Carlsen, shared his excitement for the upcoming school year ahead. With the various replacements and 12 HD televisions, Carlsen plans to have “all guns blazing when school and football season start.”

As a San Diego State graduate, Carlsen wanted to preserve the bar’s Irish roots while including support for SDSU. The bar will be painted green with a black and red trim to fully represent this amalgamation.

Other expected improvements include the addition of two patios for dining and drinking, one of which will be smoker friendly. Along with these patios, the old walls on the front side of the building will be replaced with garage doors. A 3-foot rod iron fence with a plexiglass top will be added outside.

Effin Palooza is Oct. 6. This will be the official kick-off of the remodel and will include a concert featuring a variety of local bands, as well as a beer garden. After students take a month to get accustomed with school, Effin’s will be ready with this “killer party.” Rest assured, Effin’s is still open during normal business hours in the meantime.

Pub gets anticipated makeover