College Fashionista: The Next Best Thing

As the alarm blares in your ear, willing you to get up and start your day with each annoyingly loud beep, one thought taunts you: “Oh, hey there, 8 a.m. class. So we meet again.” That early in the morning, the last thing you want to do is spend time making yourself look presentable. However, Uggs and pajamas do not make the most school-appropriate outfit for true Fashionistas either.

Thankfully, all hope is not lost. Something with the comfortable appeal of a pajama top but the stylish appearance of a runway-ready outfit is in fact suitable for class: an oversized sweater. Whether you dress it up or dress it down, the oversized sweater has the power to become your BFF this semester. There are a couple key points to remember when taking advantage of this super cozy outfit option, though, both of which this Fashionista has accounted for.

Perhaps most important, choose your colors wisely. In a pink and black checkered print, this Fashionista’s oversized sweater stays rather than drab. Neutrals might be in this season but be wary of looking like you dug through Grandpa’s closet to find your outfit. If you do fall in love with the perfect camel or grey colored sweater, just add a colorful scarf or statement necklace to create a little bit of dimension to the overall appeal of your look. The second point that you must remember when shopping for your new sweater is to keep shape in mind.

Oversized is not synonymous with schlumpy, my fellow Fashionistas. So, with that said, go for a sweater with an interesting cut or embellishment: a cropped bottom, a belled sleeve, a side zipper. This Fashionista’s V-neck cut allows a peek at some of the fun details of her outfit that would have otherwise been hidden.

With comfort being key in putting together a Fashionista’s outfit (especially a Fashionista with an 8 a.m. class), putting on an oversized sweater is the next best thing to simply rolling out of bed and wearing pajamas. So, here’s to staying stylish, comfortable, and school-ready at all times.