TapHunter pinpoints hotspots for brew lovers

Dustin Michelson, Senior Staff Photographer

Creators of the TapHunter app say, “Life is too short to drink crap.” And it’s true. Life is short and there’s a lot of crap out there. The TapHunter app helps drinkers navigate through the red tape and point them in the direction of the best beer in town.

There are so many incredible beers out there—especially in San Diego. Allow this app to do the work by searching for the beers you like in your area. It even helps bar hoppers find out which beers are on tap at nearby bars and restaurants. If users are looking for something specific, the app will find that too.

If you’re already at your bar of choice, TapHunter will also share the beer’s brewery, style, origin and alcohol percentage. If a bar’s tap list is out of date, users can update the app themselves so other drinkers aren’t left out in the dark.

The app is easy to use, straightforward, relatively intuitive and gives users all the information they need to find what they want to drink, when they want and where they want. However, TapHunter is a relatively new app and still has some teething problems. Certain features are Android-only and with a modest but growing user base, updating tap lists can be difficult. Overall, navigating the app is simple enough, with just the right amount of information for users to find what they really want to know.

The app is the perfect companion for any beer lover. It allows users to save a certain beer to their favorites so they can be alerted as soon as it goes on tap somewhere. Users can also save certain locations to their favorites and will receive updates when new beers are added on tap. Everyone in this town has favorites, so when it comes to drinking what they know, love (and maybe cherish), the TapHunter app is perfect to help find what they want.

Users can also select the specific location they’re interested in. Whether they’re in San Diego, or across the other side of the country. There’s also the added feature that locates nearby beer events.

Say it’s Friday and you’ve got the whole weekend ahead of you. With a few touches of the screen, you can be in the know as to when and where the best beer tastings, Oktoberfest parties, taster flights or football parties are. It’s a great way to plan a weekend of beer-filled goodness.

Also, for users who are relatively new to the brewing game, but want to learn more, TapHunter’s body of information helps them avoid awkward beer-related conversations. Hops? Barley? Yeast? Don’t worry about specifics, because TapHunter has the information for users to at least fake expertise. All you could ever want about any type of beer is all there, right in the palm of your hand.

TapHunter is available now to download for free from the App Store and Google Play, for both iPhone and Android. It will prevent some of the headaches related to searching for the perfect tap and will help create other beer-related headaches.