Georgia baby shot in stroller by two teenage boys

A 13-month-old child was shot between the eyes while in a stroller last Thursday in front of his mother.

The incident occurred in broad daylight when two teenage boys stopped Sherry West, the mother, demanding for money. When she refused, three gunshots were fired; one hit the mother in the leg and another fatally hit the baby in the face.

According to police, the 17-year-old and 14-year-old involved in the shooting have been arrested by police and identified by the mother.

According to police, both suspects have been charged with first-degree murder. Police are still trying to locate the murder weapon. An arraignment for the teenagers has not yet been scheduled.

“My baby will never be back again,” West told the Associated Press. “He took an innocent life. I want his life, too.”

Former landlord of West’s home, Beverly Anderson, told ABC the neighborhood where the crime happened is generally known as a safe neighborhood. She was stunned by the violent act.

According to statistics found on NeighborhoodScout, the town of Brunswick reports 253violent crimes annually. This gives residents a one out of 61 chance of being a victim.

Stranger details emerged when West said this is not the first time she has lost a son to violence. West told CNN that five years ago, her 18-year-old son was stabbed to death in New Jersey.

“This is the second child that people have taken from me in a tragic way,” West told CNN. “I’m so afraid to have any more babies now. I tried to raise really good kids in a wicked world.”