Another first rate musical from Disney

Another first rate musical from Disney
HANDOUT

Disney movies are a part of practically everyone’s childhood, whether it’s a certain prince, princess or animal, everyone has a favorite character and Disney classic. But ever since Disney bought Pixar, Pixar movies have dominated.

Fortunately, Disney is starting to get things right with the upcoming musical “Frozen” to be released Thursday, Nov. 27. Warning: There are spoilers ahead.

Disney’s “Frozen” is the tale of two princesses, Elsa (Idina Menzel) and Anna (Kristen Bell) who lose their parents in a storm. And though all they have is each other, Elsa isolates herself from her sister because of her secret powers of creating ice and snow. Elsa stops seeing Anna, so that she doesn’t harm her with her special ability. She closes the gates to their castle after Anna is gone, preventing her from any socialization or seeing the outside world.

Anna jokes about being socially awkward and bizarrely offbeat. Her social incompetence was made obvious in a comedic scene involving a marriage proposal.

“Frozen” is similar to many other family-friendly flicks with songs, major conflicts, family lessons and romance, but there were definitely moments that made it stand out. The humorous sidekicks, comprised of an innocent snowman, Olaf (Josh Gad), and a reindeer, Sven, provide plenty of laughs that will appeal to both kids and adults.

The best moment in “Frozen” is the first-rate ending. It defies expectations and is different than any previous fairy tale adventure.

“Frozen” is definitely a wonderful cartoon to see on the big screen. Whether taking a child with you or just going with some friends, it is an enjoyable experience that will put you in a better mood when you walk out of the theater.

Also read: Thor is back!

Photo courtesy of Disney/MCT

Another first rate musical from Disney