Fun to be had at San Diego Brazil Carnival

A beautiful samba dancer poses for the camera at the annual San Diego Brazil Carnival in full outfit. Photo courtesy of Britany Cook

Partiers who are 21 and older will be interested to know about the 19th Annual San Diego Brazil Carnival this Saturday. The night is both an authentic tribute to the culture of Brazil and a celebration of Mardi Gras. Those who buy a ticket will be able to drink at six bars and display some moves on a huge dance floor.

There is plenty of live entertainment, including the Rio de Janeiro Samba Show, which stars extravagantly dressed samba dancers. Belly dancers will be performing award-winning shows, and if that is not enough, there will be African dance accompanied by a percussion troupe.

Attendees will also have the chance to watch Capoeira performances, which involves acrobatic martial arts, music and dance. Music lovers should also check out the main act of the evening: songs played by talented Brazilian singers and a backup band.

In addition, there will be three Brazilian dance bands and a DJ spinning energetic tunes throughout the evening.

The 19th Annual San Diego Brazil Carnival at the 4th & B Showcase Theater is guaranteed to be a fun event full of dancing, music and hours of entertainment. All of this should add up to a great Mardi Gras festival.

Tickets and Information can be found at brazilcarnival.com.

David Dixon, Staff Writer
Since, 2005, when he became a writer for the now defunct Rated G column at the San Diego Union Tribune, David Dixon has been writing theatre and film reviews, interviews, covering Comic-Con, and other entertainment related stories, for numerous papers and websites. In addition to his experience as the Entertainment Editor of San Diego State University's The Daily Aztec, in 2014 he won First and Second Place in College Print: Reviews from the San Diego Press Club Excellence in Journalism Awards, and in 2013 he was awarded First and Third Place. Currently, David is a staff writer for TDA, a contributor for sandiegostory.com and a freelance writer for the San Diego Community News Network.