Weekend Picks: Museums and films

Weekend Picks: Museums and films

Ryo’s Picks:

San Diego Museum Month

February is Museum Month and now through the end of the month, participating San Diego museums will have half-off admission fees. All you need is a Museum Month Pass, available at a Macy’s near you. You, and perhaps a friend, can check out the Birch Aquarium at Scripps and its exhibit of sea life for half off. The museums in Balboa Park, such as the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center or Japanese Friendship Garden, are great choices to go spend time with company. Check out all of the participating locations on the San Diego Museum Council website.

Oscar Nominated Shorts

In preparation for this year’s Oscars, Ken Cinema in Kensington is showing this year’s award-nominated shorts this weekend. Five selections for both the animated and live action categories are on view. One choice animated nominee is “Get a Horse!,” a Walt Disney Animation Studios black-and-white adventure mostly in the style of the early Mickey Mouse animations. In the action category, there’s the Spanish story“That Wasn’t Me” that follows a story of African boy soldier Kaney and Spanish aid worker Paula. The full selection list is available on the Landmark Theatres website. Each category has its own showtime, so be sure to check it out before you go.

Also read: Weekend Picks: Young the Giant and  a Record Sale 

Photo courtesy of krtedonly

Ryo Miyauchi
Ryo Miyauchi, Asst. Arts & Lifestyle Editor
Weekend Picks: Museums and films