Career fair returns to campus Sept. 18

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 11.55.08 AMIt’s that time of year again where students from all over the world return to San Diego State to receive an education and hopefully, find a job or internship. Luckily for Aztecs from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 18 from at North Love Library Terrace Career Services will be holding the 2014 Fall Career and Internship Fair.

Students should expect “recruiters from over 85 employers in a variety of industries recruiting students of all majors for internships, part and full time job opportunities,” Chris Turntine, career counselor and coordinator of SDSU Career Services Career Fairs, said.

“Typically two or more recruiters will represent their organizations at a table awaiting talented SDSU students,” Turntine said.

Having recruiters from a variety of industries gives students an exponential chance to make direct connections and lasting impressions.

“Since students are meant to make the ideal impression we always suggest students bring a resume and dress to impress,” continued Turntine. The technologically forword aspect of Thursday’s event in an online app which can be downloaded via the App Store or Google Play; the app itself allows students access to career fair information and activities in an entirely new way. Turntine explains that, “A student or alum can see description information about the company, the type of positions they are hiring for, as well as the employers specific location at the event on a map.”

There will be specific opportunities in fields of business, education, healthcare, government and STEM fields to name a few. If a student cannot find what they are looking for, Career Services will have a booth available for various comments and questions. The most important part of Thursday’s event is for students to have opportunities to network with various employers.

“It’s often true that if you are not networking, you are not working,” Turntine said.

“Employers come to these career fairs specifically to recruit State students because of the high quality education and experience they receive that prepares them for success in all areas of the workforce.”

Aztecs should attend the Career Fair to forge lasting relationships with employers, to ask questions about internships or jobs, or to just look around to see what’s out there. Aztecs will never know what’s out there if they don’t take a look and see!

Christine Whitman
Christine Whitman, Arts and Culture Editor
Christine Whitman is the arts and culture editor for The Daily Aztec for the 2016-17 academic year. She is a senior studying public relations and communications here at San Diego State. Christine started writing for The Daily Aztec in 2013 and has never looked back. For questions of comments, contact Christine at features@thedailyaztec.com
Career fair returns to campus Sept. 18