SDSU students report suspected peeping Tom to police

Residents near San Diego State reported a suspected peeping Tom to SDSU Police Department early Sunday morning.

Journalism senior Lauren Flynn called SDSU police at approximately 2:30 a.m. after her roommate heard someone attempting to open the door of their home on Brockbank Place. Her roommate saw the silhouette of a man, Flynn said.

Police searched the surroundings, including her backyard, but did not find the suspect.

Police told Flynn and her four roommates it was common for intoxicated people to attempt to open the front door of the wrong house on weekend nights.

“We don’t have a lot of streetlights on our street,” Flynn said. “At the dead of night, it’s very, very dark. I don’t usually feel an immediate danger, but you always have to be careful. You have to be aware of your surroundings, but it’s hard because it’s really dark.”

A man was also seen in the back yard of another nearby house, according to an SDSUPD crime alert emailed to students.

Later that night a Villa Alvarado Apartments resident saw a man looking into her bedroom, according to the crime alert. The suspect was seen at approximately 3:10 a.m.

The man was not located in any of the three incidents.

San Diego State police was not available for comment.

David Hernandez
David Hernandez, News Editor
David Hernandez is news editor of The Daily Aztec. He joined the newspaper in 2012 and has previously been a staff writer, copy editor and blogger. He will graduate in May 2015 with a B.A. in journalism and minor in Spanish.