BUk FiDy is worth nothing

I’m sure all of you are on the edge of your seat for this week’s Associated Students election. Nevermind the whole “performing your civic duties” part — I know you want to tear yourself away from Angry Birds during class to vote for a bunch of people you’ve never heard of just as much as I do.

But forget all that for a minute. This is about Kris Korsgaden — the angsty, stickered face you’ve seen tattooed to countless trashcans, parking structure overhangs and light posts on campus. Of all the A.S. candidates, Korsgaden, a self-proclaimed rapper and entertainer more commonly known as BUk FiDy, has been the most interesting standout candidate to watch.

Of course, when I say “interesting,” I really mean, “makes Charlie Sheen seem like a Fulbright scholar.” And when I say “standout candidate,” I mean, “would probably burn down half the school if elected.”

But while other candidates might have real-life experience, tenacity and campaign goals other than “I wanna make $26,000,” BUk FiDy has something the other candidates don’t — a sub-par rapping talent bordering that of Rebecca Black and an unquenchable, indomitable desire to be San Diego State’s biggest asshole.

Truth be told, his entire campaign reeks as if he hatched the entire plan during a late-night acid trip. His candidate statement — which ends with garbled gibberish such as, “I’m more like you girly. (Name deleted) **** were totally fake. AND that commercial for the shoes? Like, oh my god — she’s only in it for the bill$. I am too… I GET IT! I – I GET IT! I – I GET IT! MONEY IS GOD!” sounds more akin to the roving ravings of a lunatic than someone serious about becoming president of our student body.

Clearly, this guy’s nuttier than your average peanut butter grocery aisle. In the past few weeks, BUk FiDy has been hard at work sending professors e-mails claiming their jobs are at stake, and callously berating any and all who criticize what he has to say. Strangely, at the A.S. presidential debate, his rambling rants included that he’d protect these professors above all else.

His bipolar nature extends to the salary as A.S. president. BUk FiDy — although probably a sad and sorry attempt at trying to be satirical — has claimed time and time again he’s bent on making 26 grand as president extraordinaire. But he’s also said, “It’s not about the money when it comes to this position we’re running for.” Obviously, the guy is nothing if not logical.

Listen: Read up on the candidates, and vote for whomever you think will inspire the most positive change to the system. It’s inconvenient and tiresome, yes, and it may even require you to log off Facebook for a few seconds, but whoever is elected will directly affect you and 30,000 other students for the next year. Make your voice heard, or we may have someone as incapable and irresponsible as BUk FiDy as A.S. president.

You want my two cents? There’s a pretty damn good response to the stickers he has pasted throughout campus, asking, “Who is BUk FiDy?” The answer: Not someone you’d want to see running our school, and definitely not someone worth wasting $26,000 — or even a buck fifty — for an opinion from.

—Chris Pocock is a journalism

junior.

—The views expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Daily Aztec.

–Something to say? Respond at dailyaztecfeatures@gmail.com.

BUk FiDy is worth nothing