Chrome takes browsing to new speeds

Courtesy of Google
Courtesy of Google

Speed, simplicity and security are probably the most desired features for Web browsers. Recently, a lot of hype has been centered on Google Chrome because of its fast browsing and search capabilities. However, there are many other attributes technology buffs have not yet acknowledged.

Google Chrome is increasing its fan base by offering more personalization features. To personalize the Google Chrome experience, users are able to pick a theme as their background. The imaginative themes offered are from artists all around the world and can be frequently changed to specialize a user’s browsing experience. At the click of a new tab, users are also able to view recently installed apps, most recently visited websites and recently closed pages. To personalize the tab element of the browser, Google has made it possible to rearrange tabs to the user’s taste.

For users concerned with online security, a new safety element is being offered called “incognito” mode. This feature doesn’t keep a record of recently visited websites and downloaded files, but it does allow users to save bookmarked pages and downloaded files.

The most interesting feature of Google Chrome is the new translation bar that translates Web pages that are not in a user’s native language. Google Chrome is free and compatible with PCs and Macs. To download, go to google.com/chrome.

Chrome takes browsing to new speeds