Harney Sushi rolls out a new menu

Sushi isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Old Town — but that doesn’t mean you can’t find one of San Diego’s best sushi places along the dusty trails of the city’s hub of Mexican food. Harney Sushi is just the place, located a few blocks from the Old Town trolley station. Sushi enthusiasts looking to bust out of the norm will appreciate this hidden jewel amongst a sea of burritos.

Since 2009, Harney Sushi’s Executive Chef Anthony Sinsay has been slicing and dicing some classy creations. He’s known for his exquisite rolls, which are bound to surprise even the most experienced sushi pro.

Starting tomorrow he’s continuing his path of creative combos by releasing a weeklong special menu. The occasion? Harney is celebrating its 10-year anniversary. Sinsay’s commemorative menu is also college friendly, since all 10 dishes are only $10. Some of the special items include “Not Your Everyday Nachos,” a dessert roll and a special celebration role.

The regular menu will be available as well, and that’s where you can find some of my favorite rolls in the city. Try the Dragon Roll if you’re feeling a little dangerous, as it’s topped with a fresh eel sauce. The Pirate Roll is also beloved by San Diego swashbucklers for its spicy jalapeno kick.

Harney Sushi will also be partying it up at the Old Town location on April 26 from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. There will be a sushi buffet and open bar, along with an appearance from DJ Cobra and the B Side Players. Tickets are $100 and the proceeds will benefit Chef Celebration, which gives scholarships to San Diego’s aspiring young chefs.

For ticket information, please contact Harney Sushi at 619-295-3272. 

Harney Sushi rolls out a new menu