CF: : Just a hint of a delicate print

The month of May has brought the spring season to San Diego. Up until now, it’s been uncharacteristically cold and the only way to combat the weather was with bold, punchy colors and large, daring patterns. But as the sunshine pours down and the flowers begin to bloom, effortless pieces are emerging once again. Neutral colors, simple lines, delicate prints – each works to their utmost potential in this Fashionista’s sweet springtime outfit.

Only slightly overshadowed by the aforementioned bold pieces shown on the spring runways, delicate prints made their own impact in a softer, more fitting fashion. Rebecca Minkoff treated viewers to an abstract white and tan design while Valentino showcased a sheer tiny floral pattern. In a fun mix of the two, this Fashionista’s dress (in a perfect white and blush-colored leaf-like pattern) is both functional and stylish for an easy Friday on campus.

With pieces featuring such delicate prints, it’s completely unnecessary to pile on statement accessories – though my inner jewelry-obsessed self is having a heart attack, it remains true. Tory Burch flats and sunglasses and a Forever 21 bag are the perfect – and only necessary – additions. Embrace the simplicity of spring while it lasts and leave the boldness for summer.

CF: : Just a hint of a delicate print