Crime report: Student sells pills at restaurant, man pretends to shoot people with a stick

Public Intoxication

Just after 6:30 p.m. Feb. 13, a San Diego State student was arrested and taken to county jail for public intoxication after selling pills to guests at Eureka.

Burglary

A non-SDSU student was arrested and taken to county jail for burglarizing the Alpha Chi Omega sorority house around 6 a.m. on Feb. 15. He was reported to have taken cash, candy, and a portable speaker according to university police spokesperson Raquel Herriott.

Traffic Stop

A non-SDSU student was arrested and taken to jail for an active misdemeanor warrant after being stopped at Jack In The Box at about 8:20 a.m. on Feb. 10.

Just after 9:45 a.m. on Feb. 11, a non-SDSU student was cited for driving with a suspended license and for possession of a controlled substance.

Another non-SDSU student was cited for driving with a suspended license at 10:40 p.m. on Feb. 12.

Suspicious Person

At about 4 p.m. on Feb. 13, campus police responded to a report of a man carrying a stick, pointing it at people, making gun noises and pretending to reload it like a shotgun at the MTS transit center. Officers ordered the man to stay off campus for seven days.

Theft

A bag and wallet were reported stolen from the Aztec Recreation Center around 4 p.m. on Feb. 9.

A purse and passport were reported stolen from Albert’s College Apartments during a party on Feb. 10.

An SDSU student was cited for petty theft and shoplifting after stealing a pair of pants from the SDSU Bookstore just after 10:20 a.m. on Feb. 12.

At about 11:50 a.m. on Feb. 12, a bicycle tire was reportedly stolen from Zura Residence Hall.

An SDSU student was cited for petty theft after stealing two  clothing items, two makeup items and a study guide around 1:25 p.m. on Feb. 13.

An SDSU student was cited for theft of a bottle opener from the SDSU Bookstore at 12:40 p.m. Feb. 14.

An SDSU student was cited for stealing a textbook from the SDSU Bookstore at about 5:20 p.m. on Feb. 15.

A wallet was reportedly stolen from Manchester Hall just before 8:30 p.m. Feb. 15.

Amal Younis
Amal Younis, Multimedia Editor
Amal Younis is an SDSU journalism senior and the multimedia editor for The Daily Aztec. She is Egyptian, born and raised, and moved to the United States as an international student to attend SDSU. She started her journalism journey in Fall 2017 and has since written for news, taken photos, produced and created videos. Her passion for broadcast journalism will hopefully translate to any country she moves to after graduation. Follow her twitter @amalhyounis