Prepare to collect beads at Mardi Gras celebration

The Gaslamp Mardi Gras celebration is just around the corner. On Tuesday, March 4 from 5 p.m to midnight there will be a huge Mardi Gras celebration. The 21-and-older event will include performers, parades, DJs and Fat Tuesday activities. Partygoers can decorate themselves with unlimited beads and dance the night away to EDM tunes in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter.

The famous Gaslamp Quarter will be transformed into an epic block party on 5th Avenue. Some of the entertainment attendees can look forward to are fire-eaters, show girls, dancers and much more. Parades will start at 9:30 p.m and last until 10:30 p.m. The cost is $45 for a general admission ticket into the block party, and for those who want to splurge, VIP tickets will cost $30 more. With a VIP ticket guests will get the best bang for their buck by enjoying the luxury of extended happy hours, a private parade viewing party, 10 shots to welcome the evening, discounted hotel rooms and access to after parties.

At the block party, Analog, will offer $3 for selected beer and $5 shots. Area 51 Ultra Lounge is another hot spot that will be hosting an after party until 4 a.m and no cover charge before 2 a.m. Lastly, Bailiwick, a blend of a bar and a restaurant, will have no cover charge at the entrance and will be giving out one free welcome shot.

There is plenty to do for everyone at Gaslamp Mardi Gras. whether it’s dancing all night long in the streets of 5th Avenue or lounging at a club enjoying discounted drinks. This potentially spectacular holiday event is bound to sell out quickly.

Also read: Dakota Ringer shows promise as performer

Photo courtesy of Arroyo Photos