Event showcases what SDSU has to offer

San Diego State welcomes incoming freshmen and all admitted students to Explore SDSU Open House 2012. Explore SDSU offers prospective students and their families an opportunity to tour the campus while attending an information fair and academic program workshops, to experience what life as an Aztec could be like firsthand.

Jordan Pfaff, an incoming out-of-state freshman said he’s looking forward to attending the Explore SDSU event and visiting the campus.

“I’m excited to learn more about SDSU and see everything the school has to offer,” Pfaff said.

The information fair will offer booths from many clubs, organizations, colleges and departments.

Apart from major-affiliated clubs, Associated Students and other student organizations, such as the Honors Council and Greek Life, will also be represented at the fair.

Students interested in learning more about available majors or admissions have the opportunity to attend lectures and workshops, which will be held throughout the day. These workshops will provide information important to all prospective students in helping to decide if SDSU is the right choice.

For prospective out-of-state students, SDSU will be holding a Pre-Explore event the day before the Explore SDSU Open House. Students who attend this event will get to experience some of the activities offered at the Open House before anybody else. The Pre-Explore SDSU Welcome Reception is strictly for students and families visiting from outside California. The event will be hosted by an admissions counselor who will explain the enrollment process as well as what to expect from the next day’s Explore SDSU event.

SDSU is also welcoming alumni back to campus during the event, in celebration and recognition of their Aztec roots. There will be live entertainment during the entire event, which takes place between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on March 17, as well as an SDSU Powwow taking place on the Parma Payne Goodall Alumni Center’s Sunset Lawn.

To learn more about Explore SDSU and to view the complete schedule and tour information, visit explore.sdsu.edu.

Event showcases what SDSU has to offer