Senior Farewell: Jasmine Bermudez

I don’t know if it has fully hit me that in less than two weeks I will be graduated and my key card access to The Daily Aztec dungeon will be revoked.  

Over the last few years the paper has become a huge part of my everyday life. I’m going to miss walks to Starbucks with Will and elevator selfies with literally anyone who will let me.

My entire life I’ve been surrounded by amazing people. College has turned out to be no different. I joined The Daily Aztec my sophomore year without the slightest clue of the impact this organization would have on my college career.  

College is funny because if your experience was anything like mine it includes many firsts. It’s your first time away from home, your first taste of independence and the first time you really have to take care of yourself.

My biggest lesson, one that I am still learning, is to be nice to myself.  In college it’s really easy to get caught up with what you’re doing and forget to ask yourself how you’re doing.  In college priorities usually come along with a page count and due date, self-care and mental health take a back burner along with sleep and exercise. Remember not every bad grade is a crisis; keep believing in yourself and you will be just fine.

To everyone who shared their stories with me and let me into their lives, even just a little bit, thank you.

My favorite Jocelyn, I keep thinking about your dad thanking me for helping you but I don’t know how true that is. We help each other and I don’t know how I would have survived this hell of a year without you. I am excited for what you and William will do.

Daisylicious, you are everything great and amazing. I have no doubt that you will continue thriving and yes I said THRIVING. Remember that even when we aren’t in the same zip code, you can still count on me to yell at you for using all the laundry quarters.

Thanks Mom and Dad. #Wedidit

Jasmine Bermudez
Jasmine Bermudez, Assistant News Editor
Jasmine Bermudez is the assistant news editor at The Daily Aztec. She is a fourth year journalism major and political science minor at San Diego State.
Senior Farewell: Jasmine Bermudez