CAMPUS CRIME: 4-5-10

Vandalism
April 2 8212; The San Diego State Police were dispatched to assist security officers with a man who was reportedly being combative at Aztec Corner Apartments. SDSU Police Sgt. Steven Harshaw said Marcos Guillen, a 20-year-old who is not affiliated with the university, “was fighting and covered in blood.” Guillen was reportedly upset about an ex-girlfriend when he punched an apartment sliding glass door and broke it, according to Harshaw. The door was valued between $450 and $500. Guillen was arrested and transported to jail for vandalism and public intoxication.

March 31 8212; In another unrelated vandalism case, a professor reportedly flagged down officers after he believed his car window was shattered by a possible gunshot. Harshaw said the victim was driving west on Montezuma Road when his front passenger window was hit. SDSU Police later discovered that a slingshot was used to hit the victim’s window with a rock. Stephen Dasaro, a 20-year-old SDSU student, was arrested and transported to jail for throwing a substance at the vehicle, vandalism and possession of marijuana.

Theft
March 30 8212; A man was arrested after he reportedly stole a bicycle. Harshaw said officers spotted two males tampering with a bike near Aztec Center. One of the suspects removed the bike and proceeded south. Ross Miller, a 50-year-old who is not affiliated with the university, was consequently arrested and transported to jail for petty theft with a prior arrest and possession of drug paraphernalia.

8212;Compiledby Assistant City Editor Kristina Blake

CAMPUS CRIME: 4-5-10