Republican Convention showcases Romneys

MCT Campus

The Republican National Convention had a shaky start. Because of Hurricane Isaac, the first day of the convention was postponed in Tampa Bay, Fla. However, the storm has not weathered the Republicans.

Ann Romney, wife of Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, spoke to the audience Tuesday about her husband.

“When Mitt and I met and fell in love, we were determined not to let anything stand in a way of our future. I was Episcopalian, he was a Mormon,” she said. “We were very young, both still in college. There were many reasons to delay marriage. And you know what? We just didn’t care. We got married and moved into a basement apartment,” Ann Romney said her marriage is a typical one in the U.S. with the same hardships as her viewers.

Later in the evening, former Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum gave his speech and wholeheartedly endorsed his previous rival.

“A vote for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will put our country back in the hands of leaders who understand what America can and, for the sake of our children, must be to keep the dream alive,” Santorum said during his speech.

Today is the last day of the Republican National Convention in Tampa Bay. The Democratic National Convention begins Monday; Sept. 3 in Charlotte, N.C..

Republican Convention showcases Romneys