First lady visits La Jolla

MCT Campus

First lady Michelle Obama visited La Jolla Friday morning for a breakfast fundraiser at the home of Qualcomm co-founder Irwin Jacobs and his wife, Joan. The fundraiser was held to raise money for President Barrack Obama’s re-election campaign with about 230 attendees. The Jacobs family is among the top donors to the Obama campaign, having already contributed more than $2 million. A minimum donation to attend the breakfast was $1,000 per plate with a menu including an omelet bar, salmon, chorizo and a wide variety of fruits and pastries. Guests also had the opportunity to take a photo with Mrs. Obama for $5,000. Her speech included her hus- band’s plans for job creation, improvement for the economy and his commitment to schools and higher education. “It is truly a choice about the America we want to leave for our kids and our grand kids,” the first lady said in her 30-minute speech at the Jacobs’ home.

The private event attracted a number of local politicians and business leaders including Ellen and David Dolgen, Elaine and Murray Galinson, Marcy and Jeffrey Krinsk and Lynn Schenk and Christine Forester who all co-hosted the event. This was the first lady’s third time visiting San Diego since her husband took office in January 2009.

First lady visits La Jolla