Crime Beat

Suspicious Activity Reported

San Diego State Police Department received reports of suspicious activity near the on-campus Chipotle on Hardy Ave. at approximiately 4 p.m. on Jan. 26. Witnesses reported seeing an unidentified male trying several door handles of the vehicles in the parking lot just west of the restaurant. The suspect was gone by the time police arrived on scene. No arrests were made.

MacBook Stolen

A report of grand theft was made by an unnamed SDSU student on Saturday, Jan. 26 when a MacBook Pro was stolen from an unlocked room of Zura Hall, located off Montezuma Road. SDSUPD were called to the scene at 7:46 p.m.  A police report was filed for the incident, citing the estimated total in losses at $1,100. At this time, SDSUPD has no suspects and no arrests have been made.

Public Intoxication

Two SDSU students were arrested Saturday night for public intoxication. Shortly after midnight, police received reports of a male suspect sighted in the lobby of Tenochca Residence Hall on Montezuma Road. The suspect appeared to be visibly intoxicated and witnesses claimed the suspect may have been involved in a physical fight. Police arrested the suspect for public intoxication and transported him to jail. Later that night, another arrest was made between Fraternity Row and Viejas Arena. Police took the male suspect into custody after receiving information that he was unable to walk because of inebriation. The suspect was transported to detox and detained for public intoxication.

Crime Beat