Hollywood Happenings

By Tori Haynes and Brooke Schlyer, Staff Writers

Sesame StreetCelebrity of the week: 

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will receive the Vito Russo Award from the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. Every year, the award is given to an openly gay, lesbian or transgender media figure who promotes gay equality. After Cooper’s sexuality was questioned for numerous years, he announced he was gay in July 2012 to fellow journalist Andrew Sullivan of The Daily Beast. In an email to Sullivan,  Cooper wrote, “The fact is, I’m gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself and proud.” Cooper will receive his award at the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in New York City on March 16, which will be hosted by pop diva Madonna.

Romance: 

“Keeping up with the Kardashians” star Kylie Jenner was spotted having dinner with Jaden Smith at the popular sushi restaurant Nobu in London on March 2. The duo wasn’t alone, but had a third wheel, Jaden’s famous dad Will Smith. We’re not sure if this was a date or just two friends grabbing a bite to eat. We’ll have to keep an eye on them and keep readers updated.

While Britney Spears recently called off her engagement, younger sister Jamie Lynn Spears announced her engagement to her boyfriend of three years Jamie Watson. Spears posted a picture to Instagram on March 2 of her engagement ring with the caption, “Guesssss what??????” Congratulations to the couple.

Sightings:

Justin Bieber was spotted celebrating his 19th birthday on Friday night in London at the Cirque du Soir nightclub with close friends.

Jason Segel was out and about riding his Vespa on the streets in West Hollywood last weekend. The “How I Met Your Mother” star was smiling and seemed carefree despite his recent split with Michelle Williams.

Britney Spears spent a relaxing day at the beach in Santa Barbara with her sons, Sean and Jayden, earlier this week. She sported her semi-new look as a brunette.

Trivia:

1. This actor attended school in London and used to play the trombone. His first lead role was in the 2002 film with Hugh Grant, “About a Boy.” One of his most recent relationships was with actress Jennifer Lawrence.

A. Drake Bell

B. Nicholas Hoult

C. Josh Hutcherson

D. Dave Franco

2. This actress has one brown eye and one green eye. She was named the new face of Dior in 2012. She was also voted number two on AskMen’s list of the top 99 most desirable women edition in 2013 and is friends with Justin Timberlake and Emma Stone (both of whom she co-starred with).

A. Mila Kunis

B. Cameron Diaz

C. Emma Roberts

D. Blake Lively

3. This actor, known for his piercing blue eyes, often plays devious, yet charming characters. He once starred on “Sex and the City” opposite of Sarah Jessica Parker. He gave up drinking at age 29. Though he personally didn’t walk away with an Oscar award this year, the film he starred in was nominated for several.

A. Hugh Jackman

B. Leonardo DiCaprio

C. Bradley Cooper

D. Ben Affleck

4. This person is one among dozens of Taylor Swift’s past love interests. He was initially discovered on “The X Factor” for his rendition of Stevie Wonder’s “Isn’t She Lovely.” His trademarks include his fabulous hair and bizarre tattoos.

A. John Mayer

B. Harry Styles

C. Joe Jonas

D. Jake Gyllenhaal

5. This celebrity was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct in July 2010. She currently lives in Marlboro, N.Y. Her nickname, which she usually goes by, was given to her by friends in middle school based on the movie “Save the Last Dance” because she was supposedly the first of her friends to make out with a boy.

A. Pink

B. Lady Gaga

C. Rihanna

D. Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi

Answers: 1. B, 2. A, 3.C, 4. B, 5.D

Hollywood Happenings