Hollywood Happenings

By Tori Haynes and Brooke Schyler

Celebrity of the Week

This weekend, Justin Timberlake hosted “Saturday Night Live” for the fifth time, an honor few other celebrities have attained since the show began 38 years ago. “Saturday Night Live” fans were in for quite a show as a few “SNL” alumni popped up throughout the night.  Timberlake opened up the show with a monologue about joining the most “exclusive” club in New York City—the “Five-Timers Club,”—a group of celebrities who have hosted the show at least five times. As Timberlake left the stage, he entered the club and the skit began.

First, Timberlake was greeted by Paul Simon, who introduces him to the other members of the club, including Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Alec Baldwin, Tom Hanks and Candice Bergen. Throughout the skit, each member revealed benefits of being in the club, such as free food, drinks and entertainment provided by current and past “SNL” cast members.

Timberlake, was also the musical guest for the show, performed “Mirrors” and was joined by Jay-Z for their song “Suit & Tie.” Fans of the show seemed to love his performance and even commented that he should join the cast.

Romance

Kate Middleton’s sister, Pippa, was caught locking lips and taking pictures with boyfriend and London stockbroker Nico Jackson on a ski lift while vacationing in St. Moritz. According to British tabloids, the duo met a year ago while skiing in Switzerland. Perhaps the couple was celebrating a one-year anniversary. During their trip, they hit the slopes and even competed in a cross-country ski race.

Model Elle Macpherson and billionaire real estate developer Jeff Soffer are engaged again. Let us explain: The two were engaged last year but Macpherson called it all off because she still had feelings for her ex Arpad Busson. The on-and-off-again couple reportedly got back together after Soffer survived a helicopter crash and Macpherson decided to give the romance another try. Access Hollywood was the first to break the buzz worthy news that’s now flooding
the Internet.

Sightings

Reese Witherspoon and her husband Jim Toth, had courtside seats at the Staples Center in Los Angeles for the L.A. Lakers game last weekend. The couple joined the thousands of screaming fans when the Lakers beat the Toronto Raptors 118-116.

“Gossip Girl” star Blake Lively accompanied her husband, Ryan Reynolds, at the premiere of his animated film, “The Croods,” in New York City on Sunday. The two were all smiles as they posed on the red carpet.

Trivia

1. This actress is a national member of Pi Beta Phi sorority. She met her current husband on the set of “Pearl Harbor” in 2001 and the two co-starred together in 2003 for “Dare Devil.” She has three children and was commended for her striking beauty at the 2013 Oscars.

A. Scarlett Johansson

B. Jennifer Aniston

C. Jennifer Garner

D. Halle Berry

2. As a child star on “The All New Mickey Mouse Club,” this actor lived with his co-star’s family for a short period of time. His nickname in school was “Trouble,” also an appropriate name to describe his heartthrob role in “Crazy Stupid Love.”

A. Ryan Gosling

B. Tony Lucca

C. Justin Timberlake

D. Steve Carell

3. This country singer married his high school sweetheart when he was 24 years old. He got into singing when he was just 14 after being inspired while watching the Academy of Country Music Awards. He’s known as one of today’s biggest country singers—with hits such as “Dirt Road Anthem,”—and performed at the Sleep Train Amphitheatre in Chula Vista last September.

A. Luke Bryan

B. Tim McGraw

C. Eric Church

D. Jason Aldean

4. This American actress and singer has made appearances on shows such as “Drake & Josh,” “The O.C.,” and “How I Met Your Mother.” Although she doesn’t sing country music, she loves it. She previously dated David Henrie of “Wizards of
Waverly Place.”

A. Lucy Hale

B. Selena Gomez

C. Ashley Tisdale

D. Jamie Spears

5. This celebrity started her career doing stand-up comedy, but is now a best-selling author and a well-known TV talk show host. She’s best known for her self-criticizing humor and sarcastic commentary. She previously dated rapper 50 Cent.

A. Kelly Ripa

B. Ellen DeGeneres

C. Chelsea Handler

D. Giuliana Rancic

Hollywood Happenings