Thousands of future Aztecs explore SDSU

Thousands of future San Diego State students and their families joined together on Saturday to the Explore SDSU Open House.

Booths for student organizations, lined Campanile Walkway to Hepner Hall for new Aztecs to check out.

Parents of incoming freshmen spoke to professors as their children perused on-campus groups they could potentially join.

Even those who didn’t attend the event were able to follow the event on Twitter.

Current students and prospective Aztecs live-tweeted with the hashtag #ExploreSDSU.

“Everytime I come to San Diego, I never want to leave,” prospective Stephanie Brady tweeted.

When The Daily Aztec tweeted Brady to ask why she loved SDSU so much, her response was just as energetic.

“I love that everyone at SDSU was genuinely happy, filled with school spirit and good vibes!”

Throughout the day, there was something for all prospective Aztecs and their families.

Nearly all of the college departments held informational meetings for future and prospective Aztecs to meet professors, deans and current students.

The SDSU Bookstore offered a 20 percent discount for Aztec gear all day Saturday. The resident halls held tours for incoming freshmen and their families interested in living on campus. SDSU anthropology professor Seth Mallios held a book signing of his book, “Hail Montezuma! The Hidden Treasures of San Diego State” on the bookstore porch.

Live music blasted on the field near Exercise and Nutritional Sciences past 2 p.m. Families and future Aztecs took pictures in front of the iconic Hepner Hall even after organizations cleaned up their booths.

Thousands of future Aztecs explore SDSU