Crime Beat

04_10_13_News_Crimebeat_PN
Paige Nelson, Photo Editor

The San Diego State Police Department is currently searching for two suspects in an armed robbery involving two SDSU students.

Two male suspects approached the students on Cuicacalli Walkway at approximately 2 a.m. Saturday morning, pointed guns at them and demanded their belongings, according to the police department. The suspects reportedly took the students’ cell phones, wallets, ATM cards and a backpack. No injuries were reported.

Police reported the suspects were last seen running toward College Avenue and described them as African-American in their late ‘20s.

One suspect was described as being approximately 6”2’ inches tall with an athletic build and was wearing a black SDSU hoodie. The other was of similar height with a thin frame and thick eyebrows and was wearing a black beanie.

Suspicious SUV driving around 

SDSUPD responded to reports of suspicious activity late Monday night on Hardy Avenue. At approximately midnight, a white-topped blue SUV was seen driving on the field by the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity. When police arrived, the vehicle was parked on the sidewalk. A report was filed regarding the incident.

Driving on Suspended License 

A non-SDSU student was stopped by SDSUPD near Hardy Elementary School on Montezuma Road at approximately 9 a.m. Monday morning for a routine traffic stop. The officer cited the driver for driving with a suspended license and released him.

Quick theft leaves student phoneless 

A 10-minute window was all that was needed to steal a Samsung Galaxy S3 Monday afternoon. The subject called SDSUPD to report the theft between 12:50 p.m. and 1 p.m. from Adams Humanities near Campanile Drive. A report was filed with authorities.

Crime Beat