SDSU posts and tweets on social media

Courtesy of ThinkStock
Getty Images/iStockphoto
Courtesy of ThinkStock

As the school year begins, many students may be wondering how they can keep up with everything going on at San Diego State. The Aztec has compiled a list of social media websites where SDSU students can stay up to date with campus events. The sites were chosen by the quality of content and their relevance to SDSU.

Facebook

facebook.com/SDSUstudentlife

This page is designed for students who want to get involved on campus. From the latest information on Aztec Nights to school elections, SDSU Student Life has everything for Aztecs. Students should check out this page to learn more about participating in SDSU functions and to find out about contests and giveaways.

facebook.com/associatedstudentssdsu

Aztecs should “like” the Associated Student Facebook page to keep track of student politics and events on campus. This page shares information about upcoming events around campus such as sports games, concerts and Aztec Nights. It also provides readers with up-to-date news about SDSU, such as what’s going on with construction, new programs for students and student and faculty achievements.

Twitter

@SDSU_NewsTeam

Courtesy of ThinkStock
Courtesy of ThinkStock

This is the official Twitter account of SDSU run by SDSU Media Relations and New Media team. This news team is constantly updating its Twitter feed with the latest campus-centric and local news. SDSU NewsTeam provides coverage about campus happenings such as construction progress, research projects, sports games and other campus events.

@SDSUHousing

For students moving in to SDSU residence halls, the Office of Housing Administration is constantly updating its Twitter feed to keep followers informed about on-campus living. This year, @SDSUHousing wanted Aztecs living in the residence halls to use the hashtag “#AztecMoveIn” to share memories of move-in day.

Instagram

@SDSU

Want constant updates about why SDSU is one of the best campuses of the California State University system? This account is the best way to remind yourself why you chose America’s Finest City to attend college. @SDSU posts photos of SDSU landmarks, buildings and landscapes of San Diego hot spots, in addition to pictures from on-campus events.

@thedailyaztec

Student perspective is key to portraying an accurate representation of SDSU. You will find photojournalism at its greatest as editors and writers snap photos to depict campus life and give you a behind-the-scenes look at what happens during The Daily Aztec’s productions.

Websites

SDtexty.com

Have a long list of textbooks to buy, but not enough money to pay full price? No worries, SDTexty.com is SDSU’s textbook exchange website. Students are able to search textbooks for sale in addition to selling their own. The advantages of using SDTexty.com instead of the bookstore or KB Books is that most of the time the books are sold by students at more affordable prices. The website also encourages students to meet on campus for book exchanges. If you want to save money, this is the site for you.

SDSU President Elliot Hirshman’s Blog

http://sdsupresident.wordpress.com

This blog gives readers a chance to find out what’s going on in our president’s mind. From innovative ideas he wants to incorporate in his daily duties to the songs he enjoys, students will get a more human perspective of Hirshman. The future of the university might be hidden between the lines of this well written and interesting blog.

SDSU posts and tweets on social media