Crime beat: man caught peering into cars; man sings profanity

A man wearing a trench coat was caught peering into cars and pacing around Parking Structure 6 on April 10 at 8:43 a.m, according to a San Diego State police media bulletin. He aroused suspicion from a passerby, who contacted the campus police. Police responded and took a field interview.

A man was allegedly singing loudly to a song that included the phrase “F–k white people,” in the lounge area of The Habit restaurant after 9 p.m. on April 11, according to SDSU police. Police declared the report “unfounded.”

A vehicle crashed into a construction site on College Avenue on April 12 at 4:16 p.m, according to campus police. The construction company was notified, and a set of new “hazard” signs were put up on the walkway. The vehicle was privately towed.

Jamie Ballard
Jamie Ballard, Managing Editor
Jamie Ballard is the managing editor of The Daily Aztec for 2016-17. She has been a member of The Daily Aztec since 2013, first as a staff writer and then as a news editor. Her work has been featured at Esquire.com, San Diego CityBeat, Student Universe, and several other sites. Jamie also works as an editorial assistant for Mike Sager, writer-at-large for Esquire and founder of The Sager Group. Follow her at @BallardJamie23 or email her at me@thedailyaztec.com