Police searching for man suspected of indecent exposure on campus

Released photo of the man suspected of inappropriately exposing himself in a campus parking lot on Dec. 14.
Courtesy of SDSUPD

Campus police are actively searching for a man suspected of exposing himself inappropriately in a campus parking lot this weekend, according to a community safety notification sent Monday afternoon.

The suspect is accused of indecently exposing himself to a person in Parking 1 on College Avenue. He “began touching himself inappropriately” before heading north toward Alvarado Road, police said.

The incident happened on Saturday, Dec. 14 around noon.

He is described as a dark-haired, clean-shaven Hispanic male in his mid-20s. The person who reported him said he was wearing dark clothes, including a baseball cap, and that he has an average build and is about 5′ 7″ in height.

Police said there were no injuries reported and that there is no current threat to campus.

Any tips should be reported by calling (619) 594-1991 or emailing police@sdsu.edu.

Bella Ross, Editor in Chief
Bella Ross is an SDSU senior double majoring in journalism and political science. She started working at The Daily Aztec in the news section in Fall 2017 and started to make videos for the newspaper in the Spring. She also works as an intern for Voice of San Diego and does some freelance work. In the past, she's worked at KPBS, inewsource and The San Diego Union-Tribune. She is hoping to report on national politics for a large newspaper one day. Follow her on Twitter @BellaMayaRoss.