Diary of a mad young man

You know what really grinds my gears When girls date or want to date older guys. I have no idea why anyone would think that would be a good idea. First of all, why? What do older guys have that I don’t? Or what is it about younger girls? I really don’t see what’s missing or what kind of things people are into nowadays, but I’m not into them. Granted, I’m only 20 years old, but the youngest girl I would date would be 18. That, in my opinion, isn’t as bad as a 20-year-old girl dating a 26- year-old man. I know there’s an argument floating around that goes, “Well my dad is 10 years older than my mom, so I think that it’s OK.” But how did that work out?

I’m gonna give some advice to the young men out there. The way I see it, there really isn’t a good reason to date a younger girl. Chances are her parents won’t approve and they won’t like you. Regardless of what you say, it’s a complication and complications are what ruin relationships. She can’t even go out to bars, so if you do, she might get worried and jealous, thus causing problems for you. I haven’t dated someone much younger than me so I’m not aware of the perks, but the complications are clear. In a way, it’s also mean. I’d like to make a reference to one of myfavorite movies, “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.” The first line of the movie goes “Not so long ago in the strange land of Toronto, Canada, Scott Pilgrim was dating a high schooler.” The start of the movie is based on how Scott is dating a 17-year-old girl and his decision to dump her when he finds someone closer to his age.

I realize that you might really be into this girl now, but what happens if and when you meet someone more mature, whom you connect on an entirely different level? You’re going to break your girlfriend’s heart. I’ve seen it happen to girls my age.

So I’ve proposed a solution for us, men. We date older instead of younger women. I know how it sounds, but think about it… are you thinking about it? Good. We’ve grown up idolizing older women. I mean, what happened with Stifler’s mom or Stacy’s mom? (She’s got it going on.) We always joke with our friends about their moms, but we do nothing. I think it’s time we change that. Older women appreciate our youthfulness.While younger girls like us for being “mature,” having a job and being “responsible” (Are we really that responsible?). Older women think it’s cool when we sit around and play Xbox for a couple hours. We can go out and have a drink with them too. Last but not least, they know good stuff. If you can find yourself a 35- year-old divorcée, you’re in luck because she will rock your world.

As for the girls reading this article; I can’t really tell you what to do. I’ve never been in your shoes, nor will I ever be. I guess I could advise you not todate older guys, but I know you won’t listen to me. I’ve tried asking girls what they see in older guys I usually get the following responses: “They have their life together,” they’re more mature,” or even “They make good money.” I can’t really say anything about the last one, but as far as being more mature, every guy in the world, from regardless of age, makes the same jokes and laughs about the same things. Regardless, I don’t see why you girls like to date older guys, but you shouldn’t overlook guys your age. There are nice guys out there. So you should at least give them a chance.

Diary of a mad young man