Hollywood Happenings

Brooke Schlyer, Staff Writer

Tori Haynes, Staff Writer

Thinkstock

Birthdays:

Sunday: British “The X-Factor” and former “American Idol” judge Simon Cowell celebrated his 53rd birthday Oct. 7.

Monday: Funnyman Nick Cannon turned 32 on Oct. 8 and shared his birthday with a slew of other celebrities including actor Matt Damon, 42; Bruno Mars, 27; Chevy Chase, 69; and Sigourney Weaver, 63.

Tuesday: Yesterday, Ozzy Osbourne’s outspoken wife Sharon Osbourne turned the big 60. Director Guillermo del Toro, famous for directing “Pan’s Labyrinth,” blew out the candles on his 48th birthday.

Today: Football all-star Brett Favre turns 43 and “Extra” host Mario Lopez celebrates his 39th birthday on Oct. 10.

Thursday: Actress Joan Cusack, known for her roles in the movies “Working Girl,” “16 Candles”

and “In & Out,” turns 50 on Oct. 11. Luke Perry from the ‘90s hit TV show “Beverly Hills 90210” turns 46.

Friday: “X-Men” hunk Hugh Jackman shows 44 can still be sexy on Oct. 12. Hollywood newbies Tyler Blackburn, who plays Caleb Rivers on “Pretty Little Liars,” turns 26; and “The Hunger Games” actor Josh Hutcherson welcomes his 20s.

Saturday: Outrageous comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, known for his character Borat, hits 41 on Oct. 13 and lead singer Sammy Hagar of the little-known band Van Halen celebrates his 65th birthday.

Up-Coming Work:

“Here Comes the Boom:”

Comedy starring Kevin James as high school biology teacher Scott Voss who takes on the role of a hero as he tries to raise money for his school’s music program by turning into a martial arts fighter. The odds may be against him, but he will do anything for his students, to save other teachers (one of whom is played by Henry Winkler), and prove doubtful nurse Bella (Salma Hayek) wrong.

Romance:

Couple Alerts:

Last Saturday, Amber Tamblyn of the “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” tied the knot with 48-year- old comic David Cross. Despite the 19-year age difference, the couple appears happily married.

Minka Kelly was caught kissing Chris Evans recently in Studio City. The two dated in 2007 and apparently haven’t lost the fire. According to a friend of Evans, he is a little insecure and being cautious with taking further steps.

Breakups:

Former “The Bachelor” couple, Ben Flajnik and Courtney Robertson reportedly broke up after 11 months of dating. The relationship was weakened from several cheating rumors involving Flajnik, and an overwhelming amount of dislike of Robertson by “The Bachelor” fans from her behavior on the show. Though they are calling it quits, they may be reunited on the next season of “Bachelor Pad.”

Chris Brown is stuck in a tough love triangle. He admitted that he is in love with two women at the same time and isn’t trying to be a player. Though Brown was supposedly still dating model Karrueche Tran, he and Rihanna, who have a long dating history, were recently seen making out. Brown said he has decided to stay single and focus on his career in an interview with Hollywood Life last Thursday.

Sightings:

Jennifer Aniston was spotted wearing her engagement ring on Saturday, Oct. 6 while out in Santa Fe, NM with her fiancé Justin Theroux. Though the couple announced the engagement in August, this is the first time she’s been seen wearing the massive diamond ring.

Last weekend, Victoria Beckham took her four kids, Brooklyn, Romeo, Cruz and Harper out in Los Angeles shopping for Halloween decorations and costumes. Later that evening, Victoria was seen with hubby David Beckham on a dinner date at Mastros, a sophisticated steakhouse in LA.

Kristen Stewart attended the Florence and the Machine concert in LA last weekend with her dad, TV producer John Stewart. Who would of known the edgy actress was a daddy’s girl at heart?

Hollywood Happenings