Beatbox

Lacrosse 

The San Diego State women’s lacrosse team is now on a four-game winning streak after beating the University of Oregon 12-10 in Eugene, Ore. last Friday. SDSU is 6-2 overall and for the first time in program history, 2-0 in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation.

The Aztecs scored four goals in the first period, two of which came from junior attacker Meris Walsh. But the Ducks were still leading the first period 5-4.

In the second period, however, SDSU not only tied the game, but ran away with the lead to give Oregon its third loss this season.

The Aztecs scored eight goals in the second. Walsh contributed two more, while sophomore midfielder Sophie Koubek and junior midfielder Christina Ricciardulli each scored two goals. Walsh ended up scoring a game-high four goals.

At noon this Friday, SDSU faces off against University of Denver at the Aztec Lacrosse Field.

Rowing

The beautiful Lake Natoma in Sacramento is where the SDSU rowing team kicked off its spring season. Last Saturday, the Aztecs competed in a dual match against Sacramento State and won two of its five races.

The Aztecs took first in the Varsity Four and second in the Novice Eight race. In the second Novice Eight race, SDSU finished in 7:43:2, which was five seconds faster than the Hornets’ two boats. SDSU came in second in the Novice Eight, second Varsity Eight and Varsity Eight races.

The Aztecs will compete in the San Diego Crew Classic at 7:30 a.m. on April 6 and 7 at Mission Bay.

Men’s tennis

The SDSU men’s tennis team started off last weekend’s SDSU/USD Invite with a 4-1 win against Oklahoma State University.

But the next day, the Aztecs ended up losing to No. 23 Harvard University 4-1 and to the University of Memphis 4-1.

SDSU is currently 12-6 overall and 2-0 in the Mountain West Conference. The Aztecs will play this Sunday to play against the University of Nevada, Las Vegas at 11 a.m. this Sunday.

Beatbox