Aztec Spotlight: Sophie Rokaw

Courtesy of Sophie Rokaw

Ariana Mardani: In what ways has San Diego State University made you, as a woman, feel more appreciated during the month of March?

Sophie Rokaw: “The organizations that I am a part of have made a strong effort in making me feel included by enforcing a ‘we’re all in this together’ narrative. I have also noticed many of the sororities, including the one I am involved in, have been making an effort in the month of March to fundraise, which may just be coincidental, but I definitely feel appreciated as a woman, as well as proud to be a part of something bigger than myself. Alongside that, as a member of the College Panhellenic Executive Board, we make efforts this month to showcase and promote the women in our community running for AS positions in an attempt to show our support and highlight empowerment within Women’s History Month.”

Ariana Mardani
Ariana Mardani, Staff Writer
Ariana was born in Tarzana, California, but has spent almost all of her life living in Palos Verdes, California. She came to SDSU in 2020 as a Kinesiology Major, and has dreams of pursuing Medicine, more specifically something involving cardiology. Ariana has always had an interest in journalism, and used to be Editor-In-Chief of her high school’s yearbook committee. Aside from The Daily Aztec, Ariana is a Kappa Delta, as well as a part of the Aztec Professional Pre-Health Organization and the Persian Student Association. You can also find her on campus working with mice in Dr. Sussmans research lab. Ariana’s interests include late night drives, occasionally reading, sleeping, and spending quality time with friends.
Aztec Spotlight: Sophie Rokaw